Pages

Chaos Rage - Free MMO Game!

Set Your Formations To Be The Best

Setting formations can be tricky. Using the traditional 4-4-2, 3-5-1 or others? Will it impact how your team plays?

Well, I'm sure more or less it will have some impact, but to me, there's not much difference. I've tested lots of different formations, from the normal ones like using wingers, attackers (which I kept losing) to ridiculous ones by placing my players all around (I can overturn the top teams).

I've not stick to one formation throughout my game play. Normally I'll play my favorite 4-4-2 formation. Unless my players are injured, I do not change much. Until recently, I've made a discovery. It's not about a winning formation, but rather an effective one.

An Effective Formation

So what do I mean by an effective formation? Well, since we've concluded that formation doesn't really affect the game, then what's the use of formation? Yes there is, and after so many months of playing, I finally realized "this secret".

Let me ask you a question:

If you are playing a traditional 4-4-2 formation, how many positions are there? There are:
  • GK
  • DL
  • 2 x DC
  • DR
  • ML
  • 2 x MC
  • MR
  • 2 x ST
A total of 8 different positions, from 11 players!

Let's see a 4-3-3 formation. There are:
  • GK
  • DL
  • 2 x DC
  • DR
  • 3 x MC
  • 3 x ST
So how many different positions are there? 6 only! Get it? No?


 Well, let me explain. The fewer positions you have, the lesser reserves you need. For example, in 4-3-3 formation, you can concentrate bidding on good Midfield Center as you can use them all the way.

If any of your MC is injured, just substitute with another MC. All you need is 1-2 reserve MC.

Similar to your Strikers. You are playing 3 strikers and all you need is just 1 reserve. You can save a lot of tokens in this way.

A Failed Formation

Let us see the below example.


No doubt it looks nice, but you are wasting a lot of tokens bidding players from different positions.
This 4-5-1 formation requires:
  • GK
  • DL
  • 2 x DC
  • DR
  • 3 x MC
  • AML
  • AMR
  • ST 
You are taking up 8 positions. You need to bid for more reserves in this way, which is totally wasting your tokens. You need to bid players to play positions like AML, AMR, ST, GK, DL, DR.

Summary

This game is not just about winning. Unless you are rich, it's always better to save tokens for better players. Try to change and test your formation to lesser positions and concentrate buying good players. This will enable you to bid and play further.

So over to you. What formations are you playing? Is it effective? I'll like to hear from you in the comments below. See ya!